Friday, February 10, 2012

Exercise is better than a Neti Pot

Since Monday was my first official day as a Stay-at-Home mama, it rightly follows that Monday was the beginning of a pretty bad cold. During my working days when I'd be sick I would call in for a substitute, take the kids to school and go back home to bed. Even having Hope home with me for the last (almost) year wasn't a problem because we napped well together. But now as I embark on my new career, I realize I have no more sick days. So out came the Neti Pot, my trusty ole clear the sinus friend. I never imagined poring something up my nose would have such wonderful consequences.


This brings us to our first math lesson of the day:









But, alas, a new discovery was made today. Consider this mathematical statement:





That's right, I've learned that an hour of Baby Boot Camp with Christie Bruner cleared my sinuses better than the Neti Pot. I almost didn't go to class today but since I missed all week due to this cold, I was determined to make it and just do my best. My best not only got me a great work out, but I CAN BREATH!!!  My shoulders and biceps may cry foul due to this latest workout, but in the long run (which we did in class also) the entire body greater benefited. 


Now for the daily laugh:

Jayna: Mama, when I'm grown up and can drive, will you go with me to the Dollar Store to buy lots of money? 
Christian: Jayna, you don't buy money at the Dollar Store, you buy it at the bank.





No comments:

Post a Comment